10.18.2014

Essie Nail Strip Review


I was recently browsing my local Dollar Tree, when I stumbled across these babies. How could I resist when they're normally about as expensive as a bottle of Essie. Picking these up for $1 was amazing. 


The kit came with instructions, strips,a nail file, and a clear plastic cuticle stick. They apply like you're standard nail strip. I do have to admit that I was disappointed in the lack of variety in sizes. Most of them were not wide enough for my nails. 


The instructions don't call for it, but I figured using a good top coat might help them keep longer and not get scratched. I used this one by Essie. It retails around $10. 



This is how they turned out. I would have been a lot happier with them if the sizing was better. Their staying power was pretty decent though. They lasted about a week before the peeling drove me nuts, and I took them off. I really feel like they could have lasted longer. This was my first time applying nail strips as well, so it may have been user error. Overall, I'm not if I would pay full price for these. I did really like the way they looked though. I'll probably go back to Dollar Tree and pick up some more. How do you feel about these? Do you have a brand you love? Let me know below. 

Cali out-



No comments:

Post a Comment