9.08.2014

Benefit: They're Real



So I recently decided to try the whole "They're Real" system. I had never tried the mascara because I'm addicted to Maybelline's The Falsies. However, I really wanted to try the push up liner because most eyeliners just melt off of my face. So naturally I'm always on the hunt for a good eyeliner. Since I decided to try one, I decided to try it all. Besides, the packaging is just way too suave to ignore it when you walk past the Benefit counter. 



Benefit They're Real Mascara. $23 Sephora 

Is it just me, or does this packaging look like a cocktail shaker? I'm still on the fence with this mascara. I'm convinced that The Falsies by Maybelline is a perfect Dupe for this. I will admit that the brush is miles better than The Falsies brush is. It does have slightly more natural and less "mascaray" look. It also has pretty good staying power. I have a terrible problem with sweating make up off. Especially with my lower lash line. This actually didn't give me much of a problem. The only thing that really puts me on the fence about this mascara is the price. It is significantly more expensive than The Falsies. I believe The Falsies is around $5 or $6. 


Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner. $24 Sephora 

I'll admit it. I'm hooked. The nib is a little weird to get used to, but it's so good at getting close to the lash line. This product is completely worth the hype. I wore this all day at an amusement park. It did not budge once, and I seriously sweat make up off like crazy. 



Benefit They're Real: Remover. $18 Sephora 

Believe it or not, this is the true star of the show. I have never had an eye makeup remover that has completely removed all of my makeup effortlessly until now. All you have to do is put it on a cotton pad, hold it on your eye for a few seconds and  swipe. With two or three gentle and easy swipes your eye make up is gone. You don't even need a lot of product either. The formula is also super creamy and moisturizing on your eyes. 


All in all, I do see what all the hype is about. I will probably repurchase everything in the future. Sure I'm a little on the fence about the mascara, but the more I use it the more I seem to love it. I hope you ladies and gents enjoyed my little review. Have an awesome day, or night depending on when you read this. 

Cali Out- 

4 comments:

  1. I for one wasn't that impressed with the They're Real mascara. I opted for the sample size just to try it out. I'm glad I didn't shell out more than I did. I have yet to find my favorite mascara, and while I was hoping it would be this, it just wasn't. Sigh.
    I haven't tried that push up liner, though, now I want to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the push up liner is a lot better than the mascara. Like I said, it does take a little practice to get used to. They staying power is insane though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved my sample They're Real mascara, it's probably one of the best I've used because of its natural, non clumpy look! - Evelyn
      Anyways, we've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out our blog for details ♥ Fashiontroverts.blogspot.com

      Delete